To everyone who is given the opportunity to bring home your computer and start working in your room, isn’t it fun to work within the comfort of your home?
Last 16th of March 2020, our President Rodrigo Duterte placed the entire Luzon to ‘Enhanced Community Quarantine’ which means everyone is mandated to stay at home, all public transportation is suspended, and all kinds of work are cancelled except for the medical staff, public officials, police, militaries, media and BPO employees.
Yes, unfortunately, BPO employees have to continue working despite their job not being related to medicine or anything connected to slowing down the spread of the virus.
Not all BPO companies have cancelled their operations despite the health risk and transportation issues of their employees. It is sad, but we have to strongly face the challenge.
Luckily, some of these companies are now offering work from home. Yey!! BPO Babies, let’s do our best to prove to them that we can work independently. We never know, maybe this could lead to permanent work at home.
To those agents who are now working at home, how does it feel talking to your customers, speaking in English while your family is around you? I’m so excited to know your stories! Please share in the comment section!
I know not all of you have the advantages of working from home, but here are just some of the good reasons to choose to stay away from the outside far from the virus.
- No need to wake up 2 to 3 hours before your shift because you won’t have to travel anymore. This means more sleep. Yey!
- You can wear anything you want. You don’t have to impress anyone anymore. You are all alone. No one will judge you. You can wear your PJs all day long.
- Choosing the best schedule is no longer an issue. Working on Sundays? No prob! I’m staying at home anyway.
- More savings. One more week before the next salary day? It’s totally fine. I have not spent anything aside from food, so my money can still cover for me until the end of the month.
- More time with the family. Play with your siblings or kids. Chit-chat with your parents or spouse. I have more time with them!
These are just some of the few advantages of working from home. You will surely get more once you experience it yourself.
Are you already working from home? How are you liking it so far?
*featured photo from Mikayla Mallek of Unsplash